Aurora is a great place to
Begin your career.
The men and women of the Aurora Police Department are honored to serve such a vibrant, diverse, and growing community. Aurora offers you a long and rewarding career with limitless opportunities to explore all the specialized units of a modern law enforcement agency.
- $106K after 5 years
- 26-week paid academy
- 401(A) or hybrid defined benefit plan options
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Free life insurance, 1.5 times annual salary
- Duty weapon, uniform and equipment provided
- 2-5 weeks of vacation depending on years of service
- 10 Paid holidays
- 120 hours annual sick leave
- 28 hours of personal leave each calendar year
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Special assignments
- Patrol shift differential pay
- Excellent health, dental and vision plans are available for Police Officers and their eligible family members/domestic partners. The City contributes to all plans.
Frontline Exam with National Testing Network (NTN)
Physical Fitness Test
Oral Board Interview
Conditional Job Offer
Complete Personal History Statement
Job Suitability Assessment
Medical Assessment/Drug Test
Chief’s Final Review
Final Job Offer
Begin the Academy and the Career of a Lifetime!
- Must be 21 YOA when the Academy is projected to end
- No felony convictions
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- U.S. Citizen OR a lawful, permanent resident
The City of Aurora Public Safety Training Center (CAPSTC) is a 23-acre campus facing the Colorado Rockies. This innovative and modern public safety campus includes a 40,000-square-foot building that supports classroom and practical skills building. In addition, it features a five-story training tower structure, three scenario buildings, and a driving track. Recognizing the importance of scenario-based training, the academy boasts a state-of-the-art training simulator and a full-time academy staff to ensure our recruits’ success. The campus serves as a joint-training facility for the city’s fire and police departments allowing us to unite to operate and train together.